Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Night Full of Stalkers

Abby loves her Grandpa (and his beer bottle)

Tonight is once again brought to you by Jen. Dave is busy in the kitchen making spaghetti sauce. Who doesn't make spaghetti sauce at 10:30 PM? I'll tell you who...normal people. But I can't complain, he makes a really good sauce which I get to enjoy tomorrow evening in Chaska. Yeah Chaska!

We had a great night tonight that just flew by. My dad's in town and he came over with my sister, her two boys , and some pizza. Abby took a little time to warm up to Grandpa (the mustache always scares her at first), but she eventually came around, in part thanks to his beer bottle. I've never known a baby that didn't love the feel of a beer bottle. Is that weird? Or does that mean I surround myself with other irresponsible parents that let their kids play with beer bottles? Either way, it calmed Abby down and she was able to enjoy Grandpa's lap.

Lily was less interested in Grandpa (sorry dad). She was far too interested in what her cousin Andrew was doing and trying to do it too (much to Andrew's chagrin). She was also strangely quiet all evening--not the Lily I'm used to. Usually she's busy testing out just how strong her pipes are--attempting to top each booming note with one higher and louder. Oddly, I found myself missing that often deafening voice of hers tonight--it felt like she wasn't even here. When bedtime finally rolled around (a little later than usual) I found myself missing her despite being in the same room all evening and I therefore had to be the one to feed her. What a surprise to find out that I actually enjoy her skills at audibility!

Here are a few pictures from the night. (And for those of you wondering about the title of tonight's blog, Stalker is my maiden name).

Abby on Grandpa's lap, trying to smile her way into him not noticing her trying to steal his beer.

Lily concentrating hard on doing whatever Andrew does

Auntie Christy with the newest addtition to the clan, Matthew (2 months old already!)Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment