Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ears are on the house.

The Easter bunny came early! (and apparently did not impress our children)
I can't say enough how much I love their expressions here. Totally nonplussed. These are the same looks I'd get from pilots while teaching ground school. Maybe I shouldn't have worn the ears.

Thanks go out to Tracey for giving us the ears, they were a hit, I swear.


We just spent the entire night in front of this damn computer toiling on our taxes. I want to put my fist through the monitor. So, I'm going to defer tonight because I just can't take being here for any longer. I will leave you with pictures, and one small amusing tidbit:


While doing our quite-itemized return, with its many HSA complexities and double-secret deduct-o-reduction credits and 1098-T fractal chaos theory formulas, we did not receive any error messages from our software, save one. One red flag. What was it? When we entered our day care expenses, it informed us that, "This seems unusually high. Are you sure?"


It's rare, that moment during a tax return when two folks (filing jointly) are laughing so hard that tears are streaming down their faces. Our smarmy little H+R Block Tax Cut software package apparently has the gall to laugh at us for overpaying for child care. Definitely one of the funnier moments of the weekend, but maybe we only found it amusing because it's late and we spent 30 minutes trying to figure why we didn't get a bigger stimulus check for having kids last year.


For those nosy few out there whose interest is piqued and want to know how much child care dough would raise such a flag, here's what we paid for 31 weeks for two girls:



Wait for it....





$13,400


This, however, is peanuts compared to Jen's MBA, which sadly does not even include diaper changes by the faculty.

Day forty nine.


Easter beagle. Look how thrilled he is.


Easter Lily, exhibiting her claw apperatus.


Easter Abigail.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment