Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tub is a battlefield

All they want is the chance to cook.

Today's heaping serving of happy-making music du jour: Bag of Hammers by Thao & the Get Down, Stay Down.

Turn up; get down.

I wish I could say that we did in fact shake the floorboards to this song today. That would be a shameful lie. While we did dance with the girls, it was instead to an ad hoc a capella rendition of "I've Had the Time of My Life". It just felt right.

I think a bit of competitiveness is starting to blossom between Blondie and Brownie. During bathtime, they like to face one another and see who can splash the biggest splash with their tiny legs. They laugh, take turns splashing, laugh again, repeat. It could simply be aquatic revelry, but it seems to me that there's an element of one-up-twinship there, a "beat my splash" attitude.

I like to reward the winner with hugs and clapping and candy. It's a positive message on the importance of winning.

Day fifty one.

I just can't bring myself to trust this face.


She was so excited to see Mommy scratch her face.


We'll never let them out into the world, NEVER!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment