Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You haven't lived until a 13 month old girl hand-feeds you cheddar cheese.

Happy happy Abby Abby.

I left work today after only an hour; sixty minutes of scripting through half-lidded eyes and a really bad headache. It was eventually too much to concentrate, so I wished my coworkers well and left for home. Any guilt I had over leaving dissolved into a four hour nap; I think I needed to be home. It must be a sinus thing, every time I move my head I get a shooting pressure/pain in my head.

Do you see where I'm going with this? Exactly: a short post.

I did manage to get some fresh pictures of las diablitas today, so I'm up to date with that. Girls are good, feeling healthy; only once in a while does Abby cough a rattly cough that is a sharp reminder of the pumonia she's still getting over.

Lily is doing a lot of sharing lately, which is truly heartwarming stuff. Sharing her food with us was the first step (and still delicious; today she fed me some cheese. Cheese!!), and now her toys are being graciously offered to us, Abby, the dogs, the tv, etc. It's a wonderful trend that sends us into fits of applause, which leads me to my second favorite thing lately: that look of recognition when you clap for them and they know they just did something right. We could see it in her eyes, that glint of awareness that she made her parents happy and that means more happiness for her. This leads to more sharing, then more clapping, and on.

How long can this fragile nirvana last?

Day thirty eight.

She loves being blown on. When we inhale deeply and she knows what's coming, she scrunches up her face and starts laughing. Good stuff.

Abby also likes being blown on, which is what Mommy just did here. Ah, the love.

Lily loves peas. They're delicious and they also are the perfect item to squish. No pea could find safe harbor from her relentless digits.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment