Saturday, March 28, 2009

They should make sippy cups with wings.

Whistling lessons have begun in earnest at the Gels house.

My current photo total for the month of March is now 3,120. Is over 100 photos per day normal or completely obscene? I am aware on some level that my hard drive is in fact finite, and there are only so many blurry photos of our moron kids it can bear. For now I'm digging my head in the sand and refusing to check the properties on my C: drive. If I don't check it...I can't possibly run out of room.

Tonight we headed over to Sarah and Jason Dockter's for dinner. Five kids total, and although it bordered on chaos, it went off smoothly. Their three boys were quite gentlemanly, and Abs and Lils were solidly impressed. They babbled about them all the way home.

At one point in the evening, I noticed that the Dockters had the same kind of sippy cups as us. I checked the brand: Playtex. I wanted to tell Jen about the similarity so we didn't walk off with one of theirs, yet I felt awkward saying "Jen, they also have Playtex sippy cups" in front of the kids, but the funny thing was that I couldn't realize why this seemed strange. Finally I asked Jen: "What does Playtex make that makes me feel funny about saying Playtex outloud?" She told me (I should have figured this out): Playtex also makes feminine hygiene products. Ah. I told her that they also made sippy cups, which she hadn't realized. None of us could figure out the correlation, why a company known for one thing would foray into manufacturing the other. The mysteries of feminine hygiene slash sippy cups abound.

Day forty one.

You've seen "Poltergeist" right? Well this ghost had an uncontained poop today that was way scarier than that movie.

Abs and her Mum.

"Hello, school? We have two girls who are too cool for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment