Monday, October 19, 2009

David and the no good horrible bad night. (that's an exaggeration...it wasn't that bad)

See the tear?? It was definitely something I did.

Jen was at school tonight, and I could do no right for the girls. It was a tough go, pretty much the whole night through.

We tried to go outside right away, since the weather was superb. Outside was like torture, so we went back in.

I showered them with their toys. Lily instead wanted to be held, but only when I wasn't holding her. When I WAS holding her, her greatest wish was to get away from me.

I tried to fix them dinner quickly. It wasn't quick enough. They stood at the kitchen gate and hit each other until they were both crying. I yelled at them to stop. This made them cry even harder.

I thought dinner should be something easy, so I did hot dogs. Abby barely ate any. Lily threw her sippy cup and hit the dog on his beagley head.

After dinner, they played a game of "The 1,001 Best Ways to Not Share Anything with your Sister". Guess what? They both won.

When I changed them into jammies, I unleashed about 2 cubic yards of playsand into my house, cleverly absconded by the girls from daycare.

I vacuumed. This was the scariest thing Lily has ever seen, and she cried like it was the end of the world.

Yet at the very end of it all, they both went to bed quietly and without debate.

I think I won't yet have to move to Australia.

Day two hundred and fifty five.

Bee bo?....check!

Squinty McSunshine

On the one hand, it's a cute picture. On the other: that's a pretty vacuous expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment