Saturday, August 1, 2009

Let me shout you a blog entry

Apples make you cool. Cool as ice. Word to your mother.

Today, we headed out on the bikes with The Moore family (Chris, Emily, Ella) and did some biking, which seemed the natural activity since we were on our bikes. We made our way down to Nokomis and enjoyed the warm/cool/breezy/uber-comfortable day. The day was indeed obnoxiously comfortable. As you'll see below, we hit the swings. After 10 minutes, I tried to pull Abby out to go do something else; she let me know in no uncertain terms that this was a miserable idea. Back she went for another 1o minutes. Blondie likes her swings.

Later on, these very generous friends of ours shouted us dinner. "Shouted" you say? "Surely Dave's off his rocker". No, "shouted" is Australian for "paid for it". We ended up way ahead tonight: got a nice dinner and a new phrase. I like it, and I think it's going to catch on. I'm totally going to use it the next time I'm in a financial situation secure enough to shout somebody something.

Day one hundred and sixty seven.

ps. credit to Chris for all the photos below...

Post-modern parenting.

Loved it.

This kid...so cute. So pale. So Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment