Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Adios, Enfamil. Partly.

Just another day at the trough. The mystery of this is: what is that hand is about to do.

Even slow days - like today - usually hide a tiny little microscopically interesting anecdote. Today was a fine day, and its anecdote of note is this: we made what will in all likelihood be Lily's last bottle of formula tonight. We'll be making the switch to vitamin D milk for her and Abby once their powdery stash is exhausted, and that was today for Lils. Abby has a while still, as we just bought a new case for her.


It's moronically obvious to say that kids don't grow up in an instant. The older they get, the more layers of babyhood peel away off. Every milestone like this that breezes by is just a little bittersweet. I can't help but think back to the very first weeks of our twinliness; I like to think about how I would smuggle a few ounces of formula into her mouth every night, one tiny dropper-full at a time, while she sucked my other finger until it was pruny. I can't help but type this with a smile, and I'm right back on that rocking chair with the little burrito on my lap. Good god, she's almost walking already, and holding her own bottle, and yelling at us, and pulling extension cords and biting other kids and whatever else she may do when my back is turned.


It's been a very fast year.

Day sixteen


Sisterly feets.

They hate being wiped off after eating; that Jen made her laugh here is no small feat.

She doesn't really look a lot like herself in this, but it's cute as hell anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment