Sunday, February 7, 2010

O'er the land of the free, and the home from sea to shining sea

Look what we got in the mail!! I haven't told Jen yet, but I let the kids color it. Yay! Totally worth the $80k so they could enjoy it for 29 seconds.

Tonight was excitement aplenty, what with the Super Bowl being telemavized. The Dockters and the Moores came over, which ran the kid census up to 6. Our wee house was bursting with lunacy.

Being incredibly smart (see picture above for proof), we decided to remove the dining room table and make that area a large play spot. Genius. So while there was a whirling mass of boys and girls running around and creating havoc, we were able to keep it mostly localized. Plus, it's always fun to change the house layout around a bit to shake things up.

I'm sad to say that I don't think I watched one commercial. How unAmerican. I managed to watch Queen Latifah (good) and Carrie Underwood (hooooorible) sing the anthems (we have two now?), and I think I saw some actual football too. Abby LOVED The Who. Seriously, loved it. She was entranced. I know I'm projecting my own ambitions here, but she does seem really intrigued by the drums...who knows, she may someday become a queen of rockdom.

So today is the official start of winter by the yardstick of "when I finally bring my air conditioners downstairs". We have two window units for the bedrooms, and today was the day - I may be premature here, we might still have a warm snap - I finally brought them downstairs. I was hoping to push it and try to make it all year, but Jen might have killed me. She still might kill me, but probably for something totally unrelated.

Day three hundred and fifty six. (9 days! Did you know that if you multiply 9 by any number, then add the digits of the answer, it will always come out to 9. True stuff! If you add it up and the result is double digits, add the digits again, fyi.)

It's always a good idea to wash your fruit. Especially when the cat jumps on the dining room table and yaks all over it. Mmmmmm.

Lily's always up for showing off some dance moves.

Abby. Always trying to reach something.


No comments:

Post a Comment