Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm going back to daycare, daycare, daycare...

I'm pretty exhausted today. My inclination is to just bow out of this entry and do what every good parent does after a long day: curl up by the window and think of nothing. However, since it was such a banner day, I'm going to shelve my needs so I can pump out quality content to all 14 of my regular readers.

Here's the day's recapitulation, in bulleted stream of consciousness style:

- Day care drop off went smoothly, up to and including the point where I saw Lily jam her face one inch from a boy and smile at him like a lovesick teenager. Blurg.
- The other kids at daycare were calmly sitting on the floor eating dry cereal from bowls when we arrived. Lily and Abby got theirs and dumped them all over the floor.
- Work was long, thanks primarily to a spate of noseeum bites that I suffered over the weekend. I don't know if I've never been around noseeums or just recently became allergic, but they make a really good case for clawing my skin off.
- Picking the girls up was a high point in the day. "Scccrreeeeaaaaachhh!" said Lily when she saw me.
- I'm not sure what sort of mental stimulation happened at day care, but the girls both seemed a lot more engaging on the ride back and at home.
- On the downside, the day wore them to the bone, and they were obnoxiously fidgety, tired, and whiny before bedtime.
- I noticed today that Lily is starting to get really bossy towards the pets, and sustained a rightly-deserved bite from the cat. She cried. She went right back after him. Should I be proud of her persistence?
- Abby is walking all over the place now, but she doesn't really look at the ground, and has had some spectacular trips and/or falls.

That's the meat of it all. I'm going to go switch off now.

Day two hundred and five.

Swingmonkey.



Mommyfeet.


Reflectomorons.


Slideycrotch.

No comments:

Post a Comment